This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
You don’t meet many outside of Giorgio Armani that favour brown (tan) but brown implies genuineness, while dark brown gives the feeling of solidity as it is similar to wood or leather.
- Brown is friendly and approachable. It is loyal, trustworthy and dependable in a practical and realistic way.
- Brown is honest, genuine and sincere. It relates to the hardworking, the industrious and reliable, with both feet planted firmly on the ground.
- Brown is a frugal color – it is not associated with frivolity, excess or waste in any form. The Puritans homespun was brown cloth typically stained.
- Brown can also be sad and wistful.
- Men are more apt to say brown is one of their favorite colors.
A lot of this information, picking simple patterns and playing with the colour therein, makes sense. You can do more blocks than you realize.
Ruby McKim, Grandmother’s Cross
Ruby McKim, Sunburst
I thought this one of the more beautiful in the book but the intricacy has so far intimidated me.
Ruby McKim, Beggar’s Banquet