You don’t meet many outside of Giorgio Armani that favour brown — the designer loves tan– but brown implies genuineness, while dark brown gives the feeling of solidity as it is similar to wood or leather. It is a hard colour to work with because it is so strong, so typically like the quilt above, shades of brown yielding almost into yellow, are used for highlighting. Some tips to keep in mind are:
- Brown is friendly and approachable.
- It is loyal, trustworthy and dependable in a practical and realistic way.
- Brown is honest, genuine and sincere.
- It relates to the hardworking, the industrious and reliable, with both feet planted firmly on the ground.
- Brown is a frugal color – it is not associated with frivolity, excess or waste in any form.
- The Puritans homespun was brown cloth typically nut stained.
- Brown can also be sad and wistful.
- Men are more apt to say brown is one of their favorite colors.